Events | Announcing “Does My Blog Look Good in This ?” (DMBLGiT) August 201212
I am thrilled and honored to announce that I am hosting DMBLGiT (Does My Blog Look Good In This) for the month of August!
I have been following the event for quite some time, I’ve participated in a few and now, I am super excited to host it and help continue its tradition. Conceived by Andrew of Spittoon Extra, DMBLGiT has been showcasing, since 2005, the talents and brilliance of food photographers and bloggers from all over the world. It is open to all bloggers who have posted a food related photograph and is hosted by a different blogger each month.
The rules to the contest are simple and straight forward, the primary being – Enter your photograph before the deadline which is Monday, August 20, 2012. An amazing group of talented judges (who will be revealed later this month), that have been kind and wonderful to accept my request to be on the panel, will review the submissions and choose the winners for several categories. Each of the winners will receive a beautiful badge to place on their site.
For those of you who are new to DMBLGiT, this event is like the “Olympics of Food Photography” that takes place each month at a different venue (blog) and if you are interested and would love to participate, here are the details on what you need to do to be a part of the event -
- Only one food/drink photograph may be entered per person.
- The photograph must have been taken by you.
- The photograph must NOT have any text or watermarks.
- The photograph must have been posted on your blog between July 1st through July 31st, 2012.
- The deadline to submit your entry is Monday, August 20, 2012 (your local time zone).
Review and scoring
The panel – that comprises of awesome, brilliant and super talented judges ( y’all will agree with me when I reveal their names later this month) for this event will review the photographs and score them based on the following three categories:
- Aesthetics: Composition, food styling, lighting, focus, etc.
- Edibility: “Does the photo make us want to dive in and eat the food?”
- Originality: The photograph that catches our attention and makes us want to say “wow!”, displaying something we might not have seen before.
Three overall winners with top scores in all three categories and One winner in each of the three individual categories will be chosen, making the count of winners to a total of Six.
Email your entry to sihi [at] wanderingladle [dot] com with subject as DMBLGiT and the following details:
- Your name
- Your blog’s name and URL
- Title of the photograph
- URL of the post containing the photograph
- Camera and lens used
- Your location ~ optional
- An attachment of a single qualifying food or drink photo in jpg format, of no more than 500 pixels in width. Photographs must be text/watermark free.
* Please note that by submitting a photo, entrants agree to their photo being re-displayed and altered in size on the host’s page, the DMBLGiT August 2012 gallery on Picasa and on the SpittoonExtra DMBLGiT page.
DMBLGiT August 2012 Gallery
All submitted entries will be posted to the DMBLGiT August 2012 Gallery. Entries will be updated to the gallery each day that they are received. Make sure you check out the gallery for all the beautiful entries.
Please feel free to leave me a comment or contact me, if you do not see your food photograph submitted to the event featuring in the gallery within 72 hours of submission.
Check out the gallery for last month’s entries and winners at Tika Hapsari Nilmada’s Cemplang Cemplung.
Interested to host a future event?
If you are interested to host DMBLGiT in the months to come, please contact Andrew with “DMBLGiT Host” as the subject line.
Should you have any questions about this month’s event, please feel free to leave me a comment or contact me.
Winners will be announced on Saturday, September 1, 2012.
So get ready, mark your calendars for the deadline, send in your clicks and spread the word .
Reminder: The last day to send in your entries to the contest is Monday, August 20, 2012.
Looking forward to all the wonderful entries.
Good luck y’all!